Sunday, October 28, 2012

Vacations and Back

Last week we were on vacation in beautiful Steamboat Springs, Colorado with Kathy and Bill James. Kathy is Alan's sweet sister and Bill is her wonderful husband. It was one of those great, restful times when time seemed to stand still and go fast all at once. We took lovely drives in the high country, explored downtown Steamboat Springs, ate way too much, and were pet-free for the week, mostly. Buddy stayed at a Pet Ranch 8 miles from town and had a blast from the sound of it all.

We got to see the best of fall:


Then we got to see winter too:


Overall, it was one of the best vacations I've ever had. We deeply appreciate the generosity and graciousness of Kathy and Bill, without whom we never would have experienced such a great week!

Of course, sick people that we are, we came home and happily settled back into our usual weekend rhythm. We did laundry, cleaned house and welcomed some good friends into our muddled household. (Bless their hearts! I hope they know what they're getting into with us!)

This morning our car wouldn't start and so we had to back it onto the street so we could jumpstart it. Alan was to push it off and I was to steer. Well! I forgot what driving a power steering car without power steering was like. I also never had realized how steep our driveway is! Once that car was moving, it was gone, with me holding on for dear life and praying I didn't hit one of the big trees at the end of our drive! Alan's face was priceless as I ran right into the bricks lining our driveway. As he said, "It was like watching a train wreck and not being able to do anything about it!" Thank goodness we did have the bricks along the drive or...I would have hit that tree!  Finally we got the car moved, jumpstarted, and we made it to the late service at church.

Tomorrow we return back to work and, you know what?  I'm actually excited to be returning! Y'all know what a sick puppy I really am now, huh? Vacations are always nice, but there is something to be said for a regular routine also. I guess we have the best of both worlds for sure. God is good...all the time!  Have a great week everybody! 

No comments:

Post a Comment