Saturday, October 20, 2012

Vacation Day 2--Tangled

Tangled Up
 
I awoke early this morning. I spent my time with God in my daily bible reading and in prayer. I was gathering up my various yarns to pack up and take with me on our upcoming journey and realized my beautiful, very fine yarn needed to be rolled into a ball from the loose skein. This is handspun and hand-dyed yarn and so fine it is like a gossamer web. All started out well as I wound the yarn into a ball, but then, somehow, it developed a lovely tangle and became ever more difficult to detangle.
 
As I worked on untangling the yarn without breaking it, I realized that to get it out of its tangle, I would need to do it slowly. I needed to loosen up the big knot and gently follow the yarn through the tangle. Slowly and gently was the way I needed to proceed.
 
Our lives are like this beautiful, colorful, fine yarn. We get in tangles and it looks like there is no way to clear things up without breaking the yarn. If we try to go too quickly through our tangled lives or we just pull and pull it the way we want it to go, our tangled life will never get unstuck. We'll be so tightly wrapped up in ourselves that we will hit a point where we just can't go anywhere or do anything.
 
Thankfully, we have a master craftsman helping us with our lives. If we allow Him to help us and let Him do His work on us slowly and gently, our tangled lives can be smoothed out, put into order, and then knit into something beautiful. It is so tempting to want to grab our lives back and try to go faster or the way we think we should go. We must let go and let God do the untangling. God has promised us, if we turn our lives over to Him, that he will take us and make something beautiful and something good.

No comments:

Post a Comment