Thursday, October 18, 2012

Silver Air

When the moonlight's on the water
at the park across the street,
My soul slips out to wander
and hopes my God to meet.

My heart beats fast with wonder
and my breath stops as it starts,
I wonder if I'll ever live
to understand our hearts.

The breeze blows softly on my cheeks
as ducks quack quietly in my ears.
I slowly walk in silver air
and pray to God, "please remove my fears."

The air is sweet with springtime scents
replacing all the old,
I smell green and pink and blue and yellow;
and feel the colors in my soul.

God made all this beauty
so easily, so right.
He gives me all the peace my soul can hold
in the silver air tonight.

And so my fears are taken and
I know inside my heart--
that God has heard my prayer,
in the silver air tonight.

D. Elaine Wood-Lane
4/13/99

1 comment: