Monday, June 25, 2012

A Lazy Weekend

Saturday night we went to eat with some old college friends at Old Chicago.  Afterwards we took pictures.  Alan was being a twirp and “counting my ribs” which is what he calls tickling me.  At 50 you’d think we’d have outgrown this craziness!  Anyhow, thought I’d share the picture. 



This was about the highlight of the weekend. Between my FM flare, the hot, hot weather and the big fire that began over by Manitou (Waldo Canyon Fire if you want to look it up), it was a rough weekend in some ways.  In others, it was very nice as we spent a lot of time at home.  There is something very nice about staying at home and doing simple things like reading, napping, and puttering around the house. Those are the things I did. Alan, on the other hand, made several trips to Home Depot and worked more on doing woodwork in the basement area that we've moved into for the summer.  It is looking quite nice, actually.  It has tangerine walls and crisp apple walls and he's put woodwork strips throughout. It's like being in a little country cottage, easygoing and pleasant. Very relaxing.  I'll share pictures soon so you can see what a little paint, some woodwork, and a project minded man can accomplish. I think you'll be amazed!

I have not yet begun my new knitting project that I posted about the other day, but plan to start tonight! I'll keep you posted on how it goes. I ordered some new yarn from Craftsy the other day that I can hardly wait to get in the mail!  As soon as I receive it, I'll post pictures so you can help me decide what to make of them. I ordered Universal Sea Song Sunlight (Sunlight) and
Manos del Uruguay Classica Yarn (Wildflowers).

May your day be pleasant and your hearts be happy!   

No comments:

Post a Comment