Friday, June 22, 2012

A Little of This and That

The other day I bought and received some beautiful yarn. It's silk and wool, handspun and dyed a lovely dark rose color. They call it raspberry, but it's not quite that. I'm thrilled and in love with the yarn. It's like holding ultimate comforting beauty in your hands.

I was in a quandary as to what to knit this much beauty into with my simple skills. Then I found this perfect pattern for a checkerboard lace scarf that should be possible for me to knit. Let's hope so! I don't want to ruin the yarn or waste it!

I've had a flare of my fibromyalgia this week that has laid me flat. I've had absolutely no energy for knitting. I have had energy for daydreaming, however, about this wondrous knitting project. Daydreaming about enjoyable goals is good. Revives the spirits and gives me something to strive for! I'll keep you posted as I knit along on my daydream.



4 comments:

  1. VERY nice yarn and pattern. Hope you feel better soon! In the meantime, daydream, daydream, daydream! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! The blog, the books, the yarn, the pattern, and you! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Beautiful yarn, beautiful project, beautiful blog and it all comes from a beautiful lady with a beautiful spirit! Feel better sister, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the lovely words and encouragement! I appreciate you all more than you know.

    ReplyDelete